I loved Di’s approach; she qualified her experience in all mediums including felt (much to my surprise)! We saw a selection of her own work, and then she proceeded to tell us what she would be looking for in the artwork. This was most helpful as you can consolidate the thinking throughout the evening and apply it to your next piece of work. Her observations looked for:
· Good composition – use of the rule of thirds
· Tonal contrast
· Use of complimentary colours
· Visual description, exploiting all the ideas
· Mystery, have you given your viewer something to think about?
· Balance, somewhere for the eye to rest
· Importance of good framing
No time was wasted as the images arrived Di was scanning the work. Di ensured that individual artists remained anonymous and consequently every one received an impartial good honest critique. If this were a review I would give her full marks.